What we were in childhood? and what are now? How were our Parents, Teachers, guardians, (At the level of house and government) or what type of personality all they had? One becomes a scientist and one becomes a good singer. One becomes a criminal and one became a killer. The definition of growth and development can be described by the ability of the body and brain of a child or person. Some times it also happens that the children who grew up and raised in one house, become different character holder in their future life. How produced or spoiled character and personality, these have several reasons and factors. Which considered as important factors to make the character of a person. For example, To know about the mental ability of a child, first important to know about their body’s health.
Definition of Growth and development:
Body development is a particular type of change that occurs overall at a time. These changes take place with the changes in society. If any time these changes temporary produced in child behavior or become random then these will not be counted in human development.
Growth means, when a human uses a diet it’s become a part of the body and it will increase their height, weight, width till a specific age. During this constant change, the destruction of old cells and the construction of new cells take place. Due to this growth and construction, a child becomes eligible to face the incidences and experiments of life. It can also say about growth, that promotion of child growth can be known by measure up their body.
Development means those changes which increase the ability to do tasks. These changes are not included in the shape, figure, and body structure. While these are also responsible for changes in body tasks. For example, when bones and muscles become strong then a baby will start crawling. When they become more strong, then he starts standing up. Then with time spending, the body becomes strong and also comes the power for walking and to run away. Therefore, development is the changes in physical functions according to body structure and construction.
As experts see this change in development, this can be divided into 3 specific parts.
- Development takes place in a particular sequence, it means any change does not produce suddenly or coincidentally.
- It appears after constant changes in behavior.
- As a result of constant changes, such processes take place which brings maturity.
Words of growth and development generally use together. Infect these are two words that have different meanings. Growth shows up the ‘Quantitative’ change, which measures body growth or promotion. e.g heart, kidneys, bones, brain, and other body parts grow up. As a result, the ability to learn, to understand, to remember and curiosity increases in a child or person. In this way, a child grows mentally and physically.
Child growth and development:
The variation in growth and development means to realize your self or gaining genetics power. ‘Maslow’ explained in this way that ” It is a process from power to action and should be struggling this way, Which is good physically and mentally. Besides this, how much mental ability a human has, he wants to use this all.” Opportunities are important to provide for molding any act according to the environment. But if the human in any society and environment does not get their aim, then he has to face different problems and disruptions. Now it depends on the abilities of the child/person that how he faced those problems.
For example, in such an environment there are no facilities of health and education then he does strive to get them. In another way, it also can be that he has the abilities but due to scare and fear he could not implement on them. With this concept, that he’ll be the target of criticism. For example, if a child interested in becoming an artist but the family members did not give him a chance or discouraged him, then slowly their ability will be exhausted.
Child React During Changes:
In general, a child accepts all changes happily, because he gets the awareness that after growing up he will hold the authorities. During any process, the reaction of a child will be good or not? this behavior depends on many factors. The following are some factors of such type.
- When the child comes to the age of being autocratic, then he tries his maximum to do every work by himself and take minimum help from others. During this, if an elder will take care of that and keep the child along with them in different hobbies. So, the desire increases for doing and learning the desire increases for doing and learning himself.
- Social changes also bring a change in children. For Example, If the child meets the parents’ expectations then he receives acclaiming. While if he did such an act which is not suitable for his age before others. Then said, he is not acting according to his age. Social behaviors also impact, when appearance changes are happening. For example when initial teeth started falling, then every watching person says something. Similarly, if there is a change in the voice of boys, then elders feel it strange and due to this behavior of them, the child becomes the victim of Inferiority or Superiority.
- During apparent changes, the cultural behaviors also impact on the child. Observations revealed that people love more to very small babies rather than older children. Some time due to these apparent changes, the friendships over between similar agers. And that’s why because, they do not receive positive behavior before maturity.
Factors of growth and development of a child:
A child takes many abilities in Heritage from their parents and grandparents. But after coming into the world he also impressed by the environment. The environment in which a child is put will become the same as that. However, that is good or bad. According to this theory, whether a child is born in any house his environment is responsible for make him spoil or good.
Here is a further explanation of this theory.
- Good relations between each other in the children are very helpful to highlight their capabilities.
- The emotional comfort of the child gets from the relationships of parents and siblings, which is very important for brightening their personality. if he does not find that satisfaction, then there is a gap in his life or personality. If parents adopt a democratic behavior, for example, they gave him the freedom to do work as his desire and restrict him only at the appropriate time. Then such children become a better part of society.
- It has been seen that usually more expectations keep from the elder child of the family. And bring him up in those manners. Therefore, he plays the role of responsibility from their childhood but in the future life, he also considered himself as an elder at every place. In life, this manner is beneficial to some extent but sometimes becomes harmful too.
Every child born with a lot of abilities and powers at the time of birth. After birth, first of all, he gets the environment of the house. In this environment, the baby learns the language of parents, their accent, religious, emotional impact, delectation, attitudes and likes, dress and takes many other attributes. If a positive environment provided him to highlight their abilities and powers, then it is beneficial for him. But if he gets a negative environment then these abilities will be destroyed.